Toronto Executive Search / Retained Recruiting
The Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants has 11 member search firms based in Toronto employing 976 search consultants, also known as headhunters or executive recruiters. The high ratio of consultants to firms emphasizes the global nature and importance of senior executive searches within Toronto. It also reflects the presence of many large search firms.
Executive Job Opportunities in Toronto
Toronto is currently an economic success story, ripe with opportunities for executives. Some examples:
- Toronto boasts a major, international, metropolitan retail market.
- Toronto has more than one-third of the country’s top 500 industrial firms, making it a hub of executive opportunity in Canada.
- Toronto has over 8000 industrial plants.
- Five of Canada’s 10 chartered banks are headquartered in Toronto.
- More than 40 foreign banks have offices in Toronto, along with many of the nation’s top insurance and investment firms.
- Toronto is Canada’s manufacturing capital and major center for banking and finance, again making it a major destination for executive jobs.
- Toronto is Canada’s major media and communications center.
Major companies with offices in Toronto
Toronto hosts a number of corporate offices for major companies which may be of interest to executives considering a job change, including:
- The Bank of Montreal
- IBM Canada
- American Express Canada
- Bell Canada
- Hewlett Packard
- Molson Breweries
- Toronto Dominion Bank
- Labatt Breweries
Get daily articles, news, and our blog delivered to your email inbox automatically.Subscribe!