by Julia Salem
Dec 13 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive expats, featuring Rainer Morita, BlueSteps Executive Career Services, and John Touey, Salveson Stetson Group Inc.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What's the right mix of personal posts to professional posts on social media?
- Which social media platforms should executives focus on for career-related networking?
- Is there 'widely unknown' functionality on LinkedIn for use by jobseekers that recruiters wished job seekers knew about?
- How can I network with potential job leads and executive search consultants on social media?
- How useful are endorsements for LinkedIn when assessing profiles for senior executives?
- I'm just in transition. What's the best way to use social media to find executive career coaches who have recruiter contacts?
- Should I still be active on social media if I’m not looking for a new opportunity? Why or why not?
- What’s the best way to leverage LinkedIn groups? Are these still useful?
- Any advice on how to refine the search for a career coach, ie. education, experience, professional organizations?
- What the biggest mistakes executives make on social media?
- How do you recommend executives who are not already on social media get started?
- Executives are super busy. How often should they post or comment how can they post effectively?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 9,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.