by Julia Salem
May 3 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive job search, featuring Megan Pluister, from Allen Austin, Lucie Shaw, from Amrop UK, and Sally Stetson, from Salveson Stetson Group.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What are the current trends that you’re aware of in executive job search?
- How do I even start a job search? I haven’t had to look for a job since the 1990s.
- What mistakes do you see executives make when conducting a job search?
- What are some of the ways executive search consultants and researchers find qualified executives?
- What's the best way to learn about open executive opportunities?
- I’m conducting a job search, but don’t want my current employer to find out? Any advice?
- What kinds of additional skills or education are in high demand for executives?
- What are your recommendations for navigating ageism and diversity discrimination during my job search?
- Any advice for overcoming an extended period of unemployment?
- Should I hold out for the perfect-match job and organization if I’m currently unemployed?
- How can I conduct a job search in my city if relocation is not an option?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.