Apr 19 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of finding a board seat, featuring Andrew Kris, from Borderless, and Jose Ruiz, from Alder Koten.
Some of the questions asked included:
- Why and when in my career should I consider seeking out a board seat?
- What role do executive search consultants play in filling an open board position?
- What are the best ways to find a board position through networking?
- Are there any events you’d recommend I attend if I’m seeking a board role?
- How can executives make it known at their current organization that they’re interested in a board seat?
- Why should I consider non-profit boards? What’s the best way to get on a non-profit board?
- How does one transition from non-profit to corporate board?
- Are boards looking for talent outside of CEOs and CFOs?
- Do I need to update my resume and career documents to target a new board of directors role?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.