by Julia Salem
Apr 5 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of networking with executive search consultants, featuring John Touey, from Salveson Stetson Group, and Luis Truchado, from Odgers Berndtson.
Some of the questions asked included:
- Why is it important to have executive search consultants in my network?
- When should I begin networking with executive search consultants?
- What are some appropriate ways I can initiate contact with an executive search consultant?
- What kinds of events can I attend in order to network with executive search consultants?
- Have any executives ever caught your attention in a positive way from their outreach? If so, what did they do?
- What are the biggest networking mistakes you’ve seen when an executive tried to connect with you?
- How can I make myself more visible to the executive search community?
- How can I maintain relationships with and stay visible to executive search consultants who are already in my network?
- How can I find executive search consultants in my niche industry, function, etc.?
- I receive a lot of calls from executive search consultants/researchers. Should I be taking all of these calls?
- If I let executive search consultants know that I’m looking for a new job, will they keep this confidential?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.