Add new comment
by Julia Salem
Feb 23 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive interviews, featuring Jose Ruiz, from Alder Koten, and Luis Truchado, from Odgers Berndtson Iberia.
Some of the questions asked included:
- Is an executive’s resume still their most important career document? Why or why not?
- Is there anything executives often include in their resumes that you think should be left out?
- What do executive search consultants and hiring managers look for specifically in a resume?
- Do you prefer executives submit a 1-3 page resume or are longer resumes OK?
- How do you recommend executives approach keyword optimization in their resumes?
- How do you recommend executives display career gaps in their resumes that occurred due to health issues?
- If an executive is looking to change industries, how should they position this on their resume?
- Should an executive’s LinkedIn profile match their resume exactly? If not how should it differ?
- How does a board resume differ from a regular executive resume?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.