Add new comment
by Julia Salem
Feb 9 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive interviews, featuring Mike Morrow, from TRANSEARCH, Lucie Shaw, from Amrop UK, and Lisa Thompson, from Pearson Partners International.
Some of the questions asked included:
- How do you recommend executives prepare for an interview?
- What questions do you find executives are usually not well prepared for in an interview?
- Any special advice when interviewing for a board of directors position?
- Where do executive search consultants fit in the interview process?
- Please provide examples of questions the candidates should ask in an interview.
- Are there any questions executives should avoid asking in the early stages of an interview?
- What is the best way to follow up if I don’t hear back for a couple of weeks after an interview?
- When should compensation be brought up in the interview process?
- If you are interviewing post-sabbatical would the compensation question need a different answer?
- What do you recommend executives do if they keep getting interviews, but no offers?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.