Add new comment
by Julia Salem
Dec 1 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of international executive job search, featuring Jon Barron, from Gaines International, an Allen Austin company, and John Ryan, from TRANSEARCH International.
Some of the questions asked included:
- How can I make an informed decision about whether or not an international job search is right for me?
- What should busy executives focus on as the main part of their international job search strategy?
- Will I need to learn the local language of the countries I intend to job search in?
- What are some effective strategies for seeking out an international executive position?
- What countries are actively seeking executive expats at this time?
- Is it realistic to search for a job in the US or other countries (Australia) where you need a company's sponsorship and visa?
- How can executives stand out to executive search consultants for international jobs?
- Should I seek out international interim or temporary roles while trying to land a permanent expat role?
- How can I leverage social media for international job search?
- How can I leverage my network to find an international role?
- Any tips for searching internationally during the holidays? Is it worth my time?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.