Add new comment
by Julia Salem
Nov 3 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of LinkedIn networking, featuring John Touey, from Salveson Stetson Group, and Stephen Van Vreede, from BlueSteps Executive Career Services.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What are the main benefits of incorporating LinkedIn into an executive networking strategy?
- How much time should executives spend networking on LinkedIn per week?
- How can executives use LinkedIn Pulse to open up new networking opportunities?
- Any useful tips for networking in LinkedIn groups - especially with the recently launched updates?
- What is the etiquette for LinkedIn endorsements and recommendations? Do I have to reciprocate?
- How should I introduce myself to a new connection on LinkedIn?
- How many times per week should executives post LinkedIn updates to stay visible to their networks?
- Should executives connect with people they don’t already know on LinkedIn? If so, why?
- How should executives go about initiating in-person meetings through LinkedIn?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.