Add new comment
by Julia Salem
Sep 8 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of in-person networking, featuring Cathy Logue, from Stanton Chase, Susan Goldberg, from SGES, and John Touey, from Salveson Stetson Group.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What are the common characteristics of truly good networkers?
- What is the number one mistake senior-level executives make when networking?
- How can I find out about appropriate networking events near me?
- What do you find are the most effective strategies for handing out business cards at events?
- What recommendations do you have for how to start a conversation with a group at a networking event?
- How should I prepare before going to a networking event?
- How can I find speaking or paneling gigs at events in my industry?
- Is networking at in-person networking events more valuable than online networking?
- What type of events can I go to if I want to meet executive search consultants?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.