by Julia Salem
May 19 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive search and your career, featuring Per-André Marum, from Panamera Search, and Kimberly Sernel, from BlueSteps Executive Career Services.
Some of the questions asked included:
- How long is the executive search process? Is it usual to have to wait 2 months or more to hear back?
- Is now a good time for executives to seek out new career opportunities?
- How can executives make the most out of their relationship with a search consultant?
- Which industries are seeing the most growth in executive searches?
- How can executives leverage their networks to help their job search?
- What documents should I have prepared to send if a recruiter is interested in me as a candidate?
- If I’m not interested in the position the consultant is calling about, will they get back in touch for other roles?
- How can executives get themselves noticed by executive recruiters?
- Why do recruiters call to chat if they’re not interested in me as a candidate?
- What are some misconceptions executives have about executive search?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.