by Julia Salem
Apr 7 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive interviews, featuring John Ryan, from TRANSEARCH USA, and Lisa Thompson, from Pearson Partners International.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What are some of the most common mistakes executives make during interviews?
- Any advice for acing my next phone interview?
- Are video interviews becoming more common at the executive level? If so, how can I prepare for one?
- Any advice on how to prepare for group or panel interviews?
- Is it appropriate to send thank you notes at the executive level? If so, what should be included?
- How can I overcome age discrimination in the interview process?
- Are there any red flags I should watch out for during the interview process?
- What kinds of questions should I be asking during the interview?
- Should I bring up compensation packages during the interview process?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.