by Julia Salem
Mar 25 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive job search strategies, featuring Per André Marum, from Panamera Executive Search, Kimberly Sernel, from BlueSteps Executive Career Services, and Sally Stetson, from Salveson Stetson.
Some of the questions asked included:
- Does the executive job market seem to be improving? Is now a good time to transition?
- What can executives in-transition do to attract new opportunities?
- Should I consider career coaching if I’m in transition or is that best for currently employed executives?
- Should I seek out interim or temporary roles while trying to land a full-time executive role?
- How can I leverage social media for job search?
- How can I leverage networking in my job search?
- When should I bring up any background info that may be seen as negative? During interview? Cover letter? Later?
- Why are many executives often unprepared for a period of transition?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.