by Julia Salem
Dec 5 2014
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of Preparing for a Call from an Executive Search Consultant, featuring Lisa Thompson, from Pearson Partners International, an AESC member firm.
Some of the questions asked included:
- How can I make it easier for executive search consultants to find and contact me?
- What questions should I be prepared to answer if a search consultant contacts me?
- It’s great that I was contacted by a recruiter, but how do I ensure they’re from a reputable firm?
- Why do recruiters call to chat if they’re not interested in me as a candidate?
- Should I be suspicious if the search consultant cannot tell me the name of the company they’re working for?
- If I’m not interested in the position the consultant is calling about, will they get back in touch for other roles?
- What documents should I have prepared to send if a recruiter is interested in me as a candidate?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.