Oct 18 2009
A. "My suggestion in this situation is as follows:
- List the company name and "flush left," adding the dates of employment i.e. 2008 - Present
- Now list your positions as "COO - VP", without the break out of executive position dates
- Next get into the job description and hopefully your accomplishments
That should solve the resume question. Now, in the interview:
- Explain there was an reorganization midway through the assignment, without bad mouthing the company
- Then you can insert the dates of the positions to the hiring manager and hopefully, the hiring manager will accept the scenario at face value
- Make sure you speak with great confidence when describing this scenario.
BlueSteps is the exclusive service of the AESC that puts senior executives on the radar screen of over 6,000 executive search professionals in over 70 countries. Be visible, and be considered for up to 50,000 opportunities handled by AESC search firms every year. Find out more at www.BlueSteps.com.