by Julia Salem
Apr 10 2014
Share This Post:
BlueSteps recently hosted the #ExecCareer Chat: Executive Search for Startups, Private Equity and Venture Capital Firms, featuring AESC member executive search consultants, Keith Pearson, from Pearson Partners International, and Catherine Bell, from BluEra.
Some of the questions asked included:
- Has your firm seen growth in requests for searches in the startup and VC sector? If so, what has contributed to this?
- Which executive positions are most in-demand right now for startups and VCs?
- What skills are most VCs and Startups looking for in executive candidates?
- What are some of the main differences between searches for large corporations vs. VCs and Startups?
- What are some things a candidate should consider when deciding whether or not to move from a Fortune 500 to a startup and vice versa?
- Any last words of advice about how executives can stand out to recruiters conducting searches for startups and VCs?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.