by Julia Salem
Jul 7 2014
BlueSteps recently hosted the #ExecCareer Chat: Your Executive LinkedIn and Social Media Profiles, featuring BlueSteps Executive Career Services expert Stephen Van Vreede.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What’s the number 1 mistake most executives make on their LinkedIn profiles?
- How can I use keywords more effectively in my social media profiles?
- Is it appropriate to follow up with people who have viewed my LinkedIn profile even if they didn’t contact me?
- How should each of my social media profiles differ from my executive resume?
- Should I optimize all of my social media profiles? Even those that I mostly use for personal networking?
- When is it appropriate to ask my current employer to provide a recommendation on LinkedIn?
- Is there anything I need to do differently with my profile if I’m interested in expat opportunities?
- I’m open to positions in multiple industries. Does my profile need to focus on one or can I make my profile more general?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.