BlueSteps Career Management and Executive Search Blog
The BlueSteps Career Management Blog is written with a C-level audience in mind on career management topics ranging from executive compensation, executive resumes, and interview tips to networking, executive job search, and gaining visibility as a professional in one’s industry.
The BlueSteps Executive Search Blog links senior executive candidates to actual retained search recruitment insights from AESC member executive recruiters, BlueSteps career advisors and other guest writers.
BlueSteps is an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants, the voice of excellence for executive search and leadership consultants worldwide. Confidentiality is a cornerstone of AESC's mission, and only AESC member firms and consultants have access to BlueSteps members resume info. Click here to learn more about the additional benefits of becoming a BlueSteps member.
In a recent LinkedIn poll, conducted in the AESC/BlueSteps Executive Search Network group, we asked “Which BRIC country currently has the best expatriate opportunities?” Brazil and China were the clear winners of the poll, receiving over half of the total votes (Brazil 46%, China 33%, Russia 10% and India 10%). After reading the discussion comments and conducting some additional research, we found that the general executive opinion supports these results.
Many global professionals and executives would describe themselves as busy. Especially those that are very career oriented. Some would say too busy to work on their online profile or reputation on an ongoing basis – or at all.
But as I tell my clients, not having time does not change the reality of today's digital and globalized marketplace. A strong online profile or reputation is critical to optimizing your chances of landing a new position. Especially given the competition for top jobs globally.
Blogs are a powerful tool in building your online reputation
You have been identified by a headhunter as a potential source or candidate and receive that all important phone call from a search firm. Are you prepared? Have you perfected your elevator pitch? How do you ensure you are not caught off guard, or worse, screened out of an executive search before you've even had a chance to prove yourself?
The 2013 Mid-Year Executive Search Industry Global Outlook Report, by the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), shows that 88% of executive search consultants hold a neutral to positive outlook at mid-year 2013 for the rest of the year ahead. Only 12% of search consultants harbor a negative view for July-December 2013.
Complex and fast-paced changes have fundamentally altered the face of business during the past decade. Simultaneous shifts in the environmental, regulatory, sustainability, social and geopolitical dimensions have transformed management and placed exceptional demands on leaders.
If, as a consequence, human and leadership capital are an unprecedented source of competitive advantage for organizations, what could be the implications for the CHRO?
The role of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) changed rapidly over the last few years. This has been due to numerous factors including the emergence of new digital marketing channels and the recent focus on data-driven results. The 2013 Future of the CMO Role Survey was conducted to learn more about the current conditions for global executives in the senior marketing function.
The BlueSteps database of more than 75,000 senior executives is exclusively available to over 350 top executive search firms worldwide to use when they are searching candidates for top executive positions. Executives can rest assured knowing their career information will be made visible to only quality retained search firms, not their bosses, not their colleagues, and most certainly not contingency recruiters who will blast their executive resume or CV all over the internet.
New survey finds that 38% of senior executives have a positive outlook on the global executive job market for the rest of 2013—up 12% from this time last year. 45% of global senior executives share a positive impression of the general business climate for the second half of 2013—up 10% over mid-year 2012.
Whether you are already a Chief Technology Officer, or aspiring to become one, it is important to understand how an executive job search works for a tech position and the forecasts for the future of these positions. What opportunities, threats and risks face the technology industry?
All businesses, no matter the size, industry or corporate model, have been affected by the constant, rapid changes of the digital world and its impact on business. As an aspiring CTO/CIO, or as an already established CTO/CIO, this constant change is particularly relevant. It is paramount that you are up-to date with the latest innovations and certainly looking beyond these to embrace your own innovative ideas to share.