Jun 28 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of personal branding and rebranding, featuring Renee Arrington, from Pearson Partners International, Kimberly Sernel, from BlueSteps Executive Career Services, and John Touey, from Salveson Stetson Group Inc.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What is a “Personal Brand” and why do I need one?
- When will I need to use my personal brand – Is this just for my resume?
- How should I start the process of creating my personal brand?
- Who can help me refine my personal brand?
- Should I generalize my brand when I’m talking to recruiters about varying opportunities?
- How can I identify companies to work for who fit in with the values of my personal brand?
- Are there any stages of my career where I would need to rebrand?
- Can rebranding help me make a transition into a new function or industry?
- If I’m not seeking out a new opportunity, do I need a personal brand? If so, should it differ any from those who are?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
Complimentary Webinar Recording - Advancing Your Career: Executive Search
This webinar covered:
- How to appropriately contact and stay in touch with executive search firms
- How to make yourself more visible to researchers and executive search consultants
- What executive search firms are looking for in a candidate
- Where the greatest demands and job opportunities are for executives in 2016
- And more...