by Julia Salem
Jan 12 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive performance reviews, featuring John Ryan, from TRANSEARCH.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What is a performance review? Is it important to conduct these regularly?
- How should executives prepare for their performance reviews?
- Is it appropriate to discuss compensation or raises during a performance review?
- What can executives do to get the feedback they need to fuel their career development?
- How can new executives prepare for their 90-day review? Is this much different than yearly reviews?
- What is the role of a board in a CEO evaluation?
- How can CEOs prepare for their performance appraisals with the board?
- What should be avoided when conducting a performance review of a subordinate?
- What are the common types of review processes an executive team could encounter?
- What mistakes are often made by those conducting performance reviews?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
Use MyGoals to Set Career Goals and Track Their Progress
Setting goals allows you to proactively work towards success in your career plan. BlueSteps is our latest tool for you with several different goal options and a variety small steps to help take you down the road to success. Once you've chosen your desired goal, you can login regularly to take new, obtainable tasks to achieve it.