by Julia Salem
Feb 17 2014
BlueSteps recently hosted the #ExecCareer How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile TweetChat, featuring Jane Anderson, International BlueSteps Executive Career Coach.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What should be included in my LinkedIn profile summary? Should it be written in first person?
- How do I make it clear on my LinkedIn profile that I’m seeking a new opportunity without alerting my current employer?
- How do I figure out the best skills and other keywords to list on my LinkedIn profile?
- Should I use the same job summaries on my LinkedIn profile as I do on my resume?
- Any tips for what to post on my personal LinkedIn page to stand out to recruiters?
- What type of profile picture should I use on LinkedIn? Does it absolutely have to be a headshot?
- What do most executives forget to include in their LinkedIn profile?
- Any last words of advice about how executives can optimize their LinkedIn profiles?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Resumes/CVs, LinkedIn Profiles, and More
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to: