by Lisa Marsh
Jan 9 2014
|Reports have confirmed that 86% of employees, including senior-level executives, are actively planning to search for new positions in 2014. With so many people forecasted for a career transition this year, it has never been more important to connect with an executive search consultant who can give you the edge you need in this competitive job environment.|
Networking with executive recruiters has always been an important part of any executive job search. Understandably, many job opportunities, especially those at executive level, are not publically advertised; their companies preferring the privacy and efficiency of using executive search professionals to fill their roles. Therefore, by working with executive search consultants, who give access to the hidden jobs market, you can maximize your available career opportunities.
You have probably heard about a colleague or associate who has worked with an executive search consultant in the past to secure a great new position, but it’s often difficult to know where to start.
Our Executive Search Frequently Asked Questions Include:
1. What is the most effective way approach executive search firms?
2. How can you become more visible to the search community?
3. What are executive search firms looking for in a candidate?
4. Where are the greatest job opportunities for executives in 2014?
5. How do you negotiate for the compensation you deserve?
If you don’t know the answer to these five key questions, it may be seriously impacting your executive job search. That’s why BlueSteps is here to help!
|On January 23rd 2014, BlueSteps hosted a webinar aimed at tackling these questions, and sharing the industry’s best advice to future candidates. This webinar, 5 Strategies for Navigating Executive Search (Premium Members - login to download a recording), was paneled by a team of global executive search experts, each with their own specialty, and is unmissable for anyone considering a career change in the coming year.|
Join BlueSteps today to view the full BlueSteps Podcast Archive.
BlueSteps is the exclusive service of the AESC that puts senior executives on the radar screen of over 8,000 executive search professionals in more than 75 countries. Be visible, and be considered for over 90,000 opportunities handled by AESC search firms every year. Find out more at www.BlueSteps.com.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Connecting with Executive Search
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to:
- Learn about executive search and how it differs from other forms of recruiting
- Discover the best ways to connect with executive search professionals
- Understand how the search process works
- Implement strategies that will help you become visible to the search community
- And more!