by Lisa Marsh
Sep 9 2013
When asking existing female board directors of their tactics, several factors occurred repeatedly:
1. Getting boardroom experience outside work e.g. in the community
2. Director-training programs
3. Public speaking and networking events
4. Having a great mentor
5. Making sure you prioritize well (work/home-life balance)
September 22nd marks the next official American Business Women’s Day, and to honor this worthy date, BlueSteps has devoted the entire month of September to facilitate the discussion of success factors for female executives on gaining board seats.
As part of this discussion, BlueSteps, sponsored by the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), will be holding a complimentary executive seminar called 'Boardroom Diversity: New Opportunities for Female Executives'. To understand the obstacles that you may encounter when seeking a board seat, and how they can be overcome, this truly is an unmissable event. With global and local factors affecting the success of women in the board room, as well as the challenge of attracting the attention of a retained search firms that can place you in the role you desire, our team of experts will guide you with insights and tips that will help you develop a strategy to secure a board position. The executive seminar will also include a live Q&A session, so you will be able to pose your questions to our panelists during the seminar.
This webinar will cover:
- New opportunities - Gender Diversity in the boardroom
- Developing a strategy to get your board seat
- What to include on your board file
- The board recruitment process
- Board specific challenges and concerns
- Current trends in the executive job market
- How to leverage relationships with executive search consultants
For more information about the seminar, click here.
BlueSteps is the exclusive service of the AESC that puts senior executives on the radar screen of over 8,000 executive search professionals in more than 75 countries. Be visible, and be considered for up to 75,000 opportunities handled by AESC search firms every year. Find out more at www.BlueSteps.com.
Complimentary Webinar Recording: Expert Tips for Finding Your Next Board Seat
This webinar covered:
- How to develop a strategy to get a board seat
- How the board recruitment process actually works
- What are the current challenges and concerns for boards
- What qualities are sought after in a board candidate
- How diversity issues are affecting the board room
- And more...