by Julia Salem
May 5 2014
BlueSteps recently hosted the #ExecCareer Chat: Executive Expats in the Asia Pacific, featuring Deborah Sawyer, from Pearson Partners International Executive Search.
Some of the questions asked included:
- How is an expat defined in the Asia-Pacific region?
- What are some of the challenges that will be faced by expats in the Asia-Pacific Region?
- What measures are in place to retain talent in APAC countries, particularly among middle management locals?
- At all levels in APAC, how are companies differentiating themselves beyond offering higher pay to retain talent?
- What is the typical length of time expected for an executive level assignment in APAC?
- How has the extreme pollution in China affected the acceptance rate for positions by expats?
- Are you seeing different ways that people are accommodating expat opportunities?
- And more!
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
Complimentary Webinar Recording: Insider Secrets for Executive Expat Success
This webinar covered:
- How to establish if the move is financially worthwhile
- How to do your due diligence on the company
- What to look out for in your contract
- How the change could impact your long-term career progression
- How this change will affect your family and lifestyle