Jun 30 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive expat job trends, featuring Deborah Sawyer, from Pearson Partners International, and Frank Therber, from Daubenspeck & Associates.
Some of the questions asked included:
- Do you see the number of expat roles increasing or decreasing?
- Do BRIC countries still have the greatest expat opportunities? Which countries are gaining traction?
- For which types of roles are companies seeking expats?
- What is the typical length of time expected for an executive level expat assignment?
- What factors do I need to consider before working abroad?
- Any tips for an executive expat relocating with his or her family?
- Are there any training programs for executive planning to work abroad?
- Does a CV for my home country differ from the CV I would use in the US or in other countries around the world?
- What should executives expect in their expat compensation package?
- Learning new languages doesn’t come naturally to me – any advice?
- Do you have any advice for executives on the first few days of an expat role?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.