Jul 14 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive interviews, featuring Tom Fuller, from Epsen Fuller Group, and Susan Goldberg, from Susan Goldberg Executive Search Consulting (SGES).
Some of the questions asked included:
- What types of interviews are common at the executive level?
- How can I better prepare for phone or video interviews?
- How should I prepare for a group interview?
- How should I prepare for a lunch/dinner interview?
- What are behavioral interviews and how can executives prepare for these?
- Are there any surprising interview questions that could pop up? Could you provide some examples?
- What’s the best way to address an executive resume gap due to a sabbatical?
- How can I overcome age discrimination in the interview process?
- What questions will most interviewers likely ask during an executive interview?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Connecting with Executive Search
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to:
- Learn about executive search and how it differs from other forms of recruiting
- Discover the best ways to connect with executive search professionals
- Understand how the search process works
- Implement strategies that will help you become visible to the search community
- And more!