by Julia Salem
May 5 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive search and healthcare, featuring Rick Cannellos, from Epsen Fuller Group, and Beth Nelson, from Witt/Kieffer.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What is the acceptance rate for the healthcare industry to accept executives from non-healthcare industries?
- What are the major challenges affecting the healthcare industry right now?
- What are some of the top concerns healthcare clients have that can be solved by executive search?
- Have you seen an increase in hiring in the healthcare sector? If so, what do you think has caused this?
- Which executive positions are the most in-demand right now in the healthcare sector?
- Which parts of the world in particular are actively seeking healthcare executives?
- What are the most-needed skills for candidates in the healthcare sector?
- How can executives get themselves noticed in the healthcare sector?
- Which areas in the healthcare sector have high demand for executives?
- What's the best way to learn about open healthcare opportunities?
- Is there a high demand for expat healthcare candidates or do companies prefer local candidates?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Connecting with Executive Search
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to:
- Learn about executive search and how it differs from other forms of recruiting
- Discover the best ways to connect with executive search professionals
- Understand how the search process works
- Implement strategies that will help you become visible to the search community
- And more!