by Julia Salem
Nov 15 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of executive executive job search strategy, featuring Lindsay Bray Landsberg, Boyden Global Executive Search, Rainer Morita, BlueSteps Executive Career Services, and Kimberly Sernel, BlueSteps Executive Career Services.
Some of the questions asked included:
- Any suggestions for reinvigorating a job search for those who have been unemployed for a long period of time?
- How can I show my experience without getting my age held against me?
- Can you talk about the importance or lack there of for using job posting boards and sites?
- International assignments are generally beneficial I've heard. Can it be a career setback? If so, how can that be prevented?
- As we approach the holiday season can you offer any advice toward my job search?
- How can I change sectors or functions in a market that only looks at the immediate experience?
- Executives don’t job search the same as entry and mid-level candidates. Where do executives find jobs?
- How do executive recruiters fit into my job search? Can they find me a job?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 9,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: Advanced Job Search
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to: