by Julia Salem
Apr 15 2014
Share This Post:
BlueSteps recently hosted the #ExecCareer Chat: Executive Networking Through Social Media, featuring BlueSteps Executive Resume Writer, Stephen Van Vreede.
Some of the questions asked included:
- I don’t have a lot of time for social media – are there one or two sites I should focus on for networking?
- How can in-transition executives best utilize social media for job search?
- Should I focus on getting as many LinkedIn references as possible? How valuable are these?
- Who should I connect with on social media to advance my career and job search?
- Will a blog or web page improve my chances of finding a new executive position?
- What mistake do most executives make when leveraging social media for job search?
- Any last words of advice for executives using social media for job search and career?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
The Ultimate Executive Career Guide: In-Person and Social Media Networking
As a senior-level executive, you can use this guide to: