Feb 24 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of expatriate job search, featuring Frank Therber, from Daubenspeck & Associates, LTD.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What has changed for expats in the last few years?
- What qualities and skills make an outstanding expat executive?
- How do most executives find expat roles and how does this search process differ from domestic roles?
- How long is a typical expat assignment? Do companies prefer long-term commitments?
- Are employers less likely to choose an expat candidate who needs to relocate his/her family?
- What factors do I need to consider before working abroad?
- Why might I want to consider an expat position at some point in my career?
- Which countries are currently considered the best and worst places to be an expat?
- For which types of roles are companies seeking expats?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.