by Julia Salem
May 17 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of expat job search and expat life, featuring Ken Daubenspeck, from Daubenspeck and Associates, and Rainer Morita, from BlueSteps Executive Career Services.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What are the key personal/professional questions to ask in considering taking an international assignment?
- What traits do top global executives have to have to be a successful expat?
- Is expat experience still perceived to be valuable by top employers or is local experience preferred now?
- How can I decide if expatriation is the right next step for my career?
- Are there any new trends in how and why companies use expats?
- What are some ways executives can go about finding an expat assignment?
- Which countries or industries seem to be adding more expats lately?
- What challenges do expats with families face when relocating? Any advice on navigating these?
- What advice do you have for new expats on acclimating to their new environment?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
Complimentary Webinar Recording: Insider Secrets for Executive Expat Success
This webinar covered:
- How to establish if the move is financially worthwhile
- How to do your due diligence on the company
- What to look out for in your contract
- How the change could impact your long-term career progression
- How this change will affect your family and lifestyle