May 20 2014
The AESC’s BlueSteps career survey of 160 Chief Executive Officers worldwide finds most CEOs focused on continued career growth through career transition.
The 2014 CEO Career Report just released by the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC) and BlueSteps shows that the top career management concern for 81% of CEOs worldwide was finding new opportunities. Concurrently, the majority of CEOs are focused on finding and retaining top talent to grow their current organization, with the majority (53.3%) stating that this is their top business-related concern.
The AESC BlueSteps survey was conducted from February 2014 to April 2014 and included responses from CEOs in manufacturing/industrial, technology/telecoms, healthcare/life sciences, professional services and other sectors worldwide. Additional findings of the report include:
- Most-needed skills for today’s CEO candidates were strategic thinking (72%), decision making (38%) and motivation of people (29%).
- 61% of CEOs spend one to eight hours per week on social media for professional networking purposes.
- CEOs feel positive about their communication and working relationship with their board of directors and key company stakeholder groups.
Peter Felix, AESC & BlueSteps President, commented: “This report reminds us that while CEOs are focused on the key issues of attracting and retaining talent to their organizations, they are themselves concerned about their own career progression and the next opportunity. This is an inevitable reflection of the modern business world and a fast changing, competitive landscape. For the CEO in many organizations the only way to achieve greater responsibility, career potential and wealth creation is probably to find opportunities outside of the organization – a fact that many Boards of Directors will overlook when reviewing their current CEO or considering succession issues. CEO’s, just like everyone else, are human beings chasing their career dreams.”
Complimentary Webinar Recording - Advancing Your Career: Executive Search
This webinar covered:
- How to appropriately contact and stay in touch with executive search firms
- How to make yourself more visible to researchers and executive search consultants
- What executive search firms are looking for in a candidate
- Where the greatest demands and job opportunities are for executives in 2016
- And more...