by Julia Salem
Aug 31 2015
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of the board recruitment process, featuring Keith Pearson, from Pearson Partners International, and Krista Walochick, from Talengo.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What types of board searches do executive search consultants typically get involved in? Is it mostly corporate boards?
- What qualifications and skills do executives need to be credible candidates for board seats?
- Is there demand for board members from the US in Europe due to quotas & do you have any tips for getting these seats?
- Can you provide a few examples of strategies executives can use to put themselves out there for a board seat?
- What do search consultants look for in a board resume? How should this differ from an executive resume?
- How does the interview process for a board role differ from an executive role?
- Can you give any insight into the shortlisting and selection process for board roles?
- What are some challenges candidates may need to be prepared for during board hiring process?
- What should candidates know about the onboarding process once they are selected for a board position?
- What would you rank as the major challenges modern boards face at the moment?
- Once an executive gets a board role, what are some do’s and don’ts for the first board meeting?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
Complimentary Webinar Recording: Expert Tips for Finding Your Next Board Seat
This webinar covered:
- How to develop a strategy to get a board seat
- How the board recruitment process actually works
- What are the current challenges and concerns for boards
- What qualities are sought after in a board candidate
- How diversity issues are affecting the board room
- And more...