by Julia Salem
Aug 9 2016
BlueSteps recently hosted an #ExecCareer Chat on the topic of board directors, featuring Keith Pearson, from Pearson Partners International, and Jose Ruiz, from Alder Koten.
Some of the questions asked included:
- What types of candidates are being pursued by boards with open director seats?
- How do executive search consultants work with boards to find candidates?
- What are the main stages of the board recruitment process?
- What kinds of challenges are boards facing this year?
- How important is LinkedIn for board positions? Is it used when recruiters are doing a search for a board director?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 9,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
Complimentary Webinar Recording: Expert Tips for Finding Your Next Board Seat
This webinar covered:
- How to develop a strategy to get a board seat
- How the board recruitment process actually works
- What are the current challenges and concerns for boards
- What qualities are sought after in a board candidate
- How diversity issues are affecting the board room
- And more...