Jun 10 2014
Share This Post:
BlueSteps recently hosted the #ExecCareer Chat: Are You Really Ready for a Board Position, featuring Sally Stetson, from Salveson Stetson.
Some of the questions asked included:
- At which stage of my career should I begin considering board opportunities?
- What are the career benefits of sitting on a board of directors?
- What are the standard board compensation and salary plans like in the current market?
- Should I look for pro bono board position?
- What should I do to prepare myself to be a board member?
- What type of background does the typical board director have?
If you missed it, catch up on all the excellent advice that was given in the Storify transcript below.
Join us for the next #ExecCareer chat! More info >>
BlueSteps is an online career management service for senior executives. As an exclusive service of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), BlueSteps enables senior executives to be visible to more than 8,000 AESC member executive search professionals who use BlueSteps to locate candidates. BlueSteps also offers a full suite of career management tools and resources specifically for senior-level executives. For more information, please visit BlueSteps.com.
Complimentary Webinar Recording: Expert Tips for Finding Your Next Board Seat
This webinar covered:
- How to develop a strategy to get a board seat
- How the board recruitment process actually works
- What are the current challenges and concerns for boards
- What qualities are sought after in a board candidate
- How diversity issues are affecting the board room
- And more...